Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Smoothie Basics

I figured I should start with the basics of smoothie making. I like most of my smoothie recipes to have a few main parts.

1. liquid: I use light plain soy most of the time but I think I need to branch out and plan to give almond milk a shot to see how that goes and maybe even juice if I am feeling particularly frisky. (you will get at least 1 serving of dairy in each of my smoothie recipes though be it from the milk or the yogurt)

2. fruit: I mean it is a smoothie not a milk shake, it needs to carry at least some nutritional value. (you will get at least one and most likely 2 servings of fruit in my smoothie recipes, I plan to incorporate vegetables into my concoctions later down the line)

3. protein: I get a ton of protein from the greek yogurt I use but I like to amp that up with the protein powder in most of my recipes, and I plan to buy the WW smoothie packets and try those out as well. (I just like the protein because it really helps to keep me full for much longer, I usually eat a small snack around 10am and that will carry me through to lunch)

Those are my main rules of smoothie making: liquid, fruit, and protein. Now as we all know, rules are meant to be broken so if heaven forbid one day I post a recipe that does not contain all of these things no one call in the men in the white uniforms, I promise you I have not lost my marbles — it is called experimenting!!!

So I am sure you noticed the uses of WW and p+, that is Weight Watchers and Points Plus. I am currently on a weight loss journey and I am sure some of that will bleed into my blog regularly. For anyone checking out this site who is not on WW, please no mind the smoothies are undeniably delicious. Blend one up and see for yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...